SHLC Bell Chior – November 24, 2013
In case you haven’t heard, we have some exciting news at SHLC! We will be starting a second worship service to be held weekly at 5:00 on Sunday evenings, beginning January 5, 2014. I have been working alongside Pastor Bob & Pastor Dan, with the support of the elders, to get things going for the new service for a number of months now. We are excited to see things start coming into place, but we need your help. Whether or not you will choose to attend the new service, we would like to invite you to join us in prayer ministry for it. You are an essential part of this new ministry. Why? Foundations are important, and there is power in prayer! We want to ensure that our foundation for this new ministry is none other than Jesus Christ.
“Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain.” (Psalm 127:1a)
“By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 3:10-11)
Please continue to keep our new evening worship service in your prayers and help us to build our foundation on Jesus Christ. Please pray:
- that God would be glorified in all that we do,
- that He would make His will clear to us as we are working to plan and build the new service,
- that God would set the hearts of all the people of SHLC on fire with His Spirit and use us to grow the Kingdom outside of our building as well as within the walls of SHLC,
- that God would provide for all of our needs,
- and that God would raise up new volunteers to serve as musicians, sound techs, projectionists, ushers, communion assistants, lectors, prayer warriors, Sunday School teachers, and altar guild servants for both of our worship services.
“Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain and the earth produced its crops.” (James 5:13-16)
We appreciate your prayers, brothers and sisters in Christ!
Faith, Pastor Bob & Pastor Dan
- Ongoing Thanks
Romans 8:32 - He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things?